Homemade Corn Tortillas
This twelvemonth for Mother’s Day, my married adult man in addition to kids gave me the these flour tortillas for years now, but I had never tried corn tortillas. I ran out to the shop for a purse of masa harina, in addition to I was all set! I was seriously shocked at how slow these tortillas are to make. Only iii slow ingredients, in addition to they are gear upwards inwards less than thirty minutes!
ii cups masa harina (I used Maseca brand)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water, approximately equally needed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the masa in addition to salt.
- Add the H2O in addition to stir until combined.
- Add to a greater extent than H2O equally needed to shape a dough that is thick but non crumbly in addition to has a like texture to play dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls (I got 20 from my batch). Cover the balls alongside a damp towel to continue them moist.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place the balls of dough into a tortilla press betwixt squares of wax paper, or curlicue out betwixt squares of wax paper.
- Cook the tortillas for 30-45 seconds per side, or until they appear dry out in addition to accept pocket-size browned spots.
- Wrap the cooked tortillas inwards a towel to continue them warm in addition to moist spell you lot create the remaining tortillas.