Peach Crisp Pie
This peach crisp pie is my loving homage to that delicious piece of pie that I volition recall all my life. (No seriously, I loved it that much.) I used a store-bought pie crust because I’m equally good afraid to sweat a homemade crust, but it was nonetheless fantastic. I used fresh peaches from my woman rear inward law’s trees for the filling, as well as topped it amongst a buttery, cinnamony, crunchy crisp topping. The pie turned out incredibly delicious! I’m nonetheless non certain it lives upwardly to the Apple Valley BBQ pie (perhaps if I tin principal the homemade crust?) but it was a skillful substitute for this daughter who lives 700+ miles away from the pie of her dreams.
I should add together that I was equally good eager to swallow the pie to permit it cool, as well as I cutting into it piece it was nonetheless steaming hot, thence the amount hot mess all over the plate. (It was nonetheless delicious, of course.) If yous desire your pie to await to a greater extent than similar a pie, as well as less similar a random pile of peaches as well as crisp topping, permit it cool earlier yous piece into it. I totally sympathize if yous don’t, though, because it’s difficult to practise volition ability amongst something that tasty waiting inward forepart of you.
1 refrigerated pie crust (or brand your own!)
for the filling:
3 pounds fresh peaches, peeled as well as sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 loving cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
for the crisp topping:
3/4 loving cup flour
3/4 loving cup onetime fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons the world cinnamon
3/4 loving cup chocolate-brown sugar, packed
1/2 loving cup butter, mutual depression temperature as well as cutting into small-scale pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Press the pie crust into a pie dish, shaping it equally yous please.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches amongst the lemon juice, sugar, as well as 2 tablespoons flour, as well as pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- To brand the topping, whisk together the flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, as well as chocolate-brown sugar.
- Cut inward the butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until the mixture clumps together.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the peaches.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until the topping is golden as well as crisp, as well as the peach juice is bubbling around the edges.
- Remove as well as permit cool earlier serving.