Since making these delicious snickerdoodle cookies a few weeks ago, I convey been totally craving that awesome snickerdoodle flavor! I was inward the mood for cupcakes concluding week, as well as idea it would last fun to endeavour a snickerdoodle variation of my favorite vanilla cupcakes. They turned out awesome!
These snickerdoodle cupcakes convey the perfect soft texture, as well as I dear the niggling hint of cinnamon. It’s form of amazing how simply adding a niggling cinnamon to the cake as well as frosting gives them a totally dissimilar flavour without existence overpowering at all. These cupcakes gustation simply similar snickerdoodle cookies, but alongside the added bonus of to a greater extent than or less delicious creamy frosting!
for the cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups all utilization flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 loving cup butter, cold, cutting into minor cubes
1 1/2 loving cup milk (I used skim, as well as it worked fine)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
for the frosting:
2 sticks butter, softened
pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
iii 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 muffin tins alongside newspaper liners.
- In a large bowl or a the bowl of a stand upwards mixer, whisk together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, as well as salt.
- Add the butter as well as mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating good afterwards each addition.
- Combine the milk as well as vanilla inward a criterion cup, as well as add together close one-half of the milk mixture to the flour mixture.
- Beat until good blended as well as smooth.
- Add the other one-half of the milk mixture, as well as shell until smooth.
- Fill newspaper liners 2/3 amount as well as bake xx minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the see comes out clean.
- Let cool inward pan for a few minutes as well as thence take away to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To brand the frosting, shell the butter until calorie-free as well as fluffy.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, as well as powdered sugar, as well as mix until combined. Add the vanilla as well as shell until calorie-free as well as fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes equally desired (I used a large circular tip) as well as sprinkle alongside cinnamon sugar.