The Best Buttermilk Biscuits
Since I’ve made this recipe in all probability a hundred times at this point, I’ve figured out a few tricks of the merchandise to brand these biscuits perfect. First, grating the butter. I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me until recently, but it makes the whole procedure in addition to hence easy! They are definitely amend amongst existent buttermilk! I intend I’m only going to accept to get-go keeping it on hand, since I practise brand these in addition to hence often. Third, don’t overmix them! It’s totally okay for the dough to hold upwards a lilliputian shaggy in addition to drier inward some parts than inward others. Everything comes together land you’re shaping the biscuits. And finally, folding the layers of dough.
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 loving cup mutual frigidity butter
3/4 loving cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Line a baking canvass amongst parchment or silicone in addition to laid upwards aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, in addition to salt.
- Grate the mutual frigidity butter into the flour mixture, in addition to toss to coat.
- Pour inward the buttermilk in addition to mix only until the dough comes together. (Be careful non to over-mix!) Pat the dough out to an fifty-fifty layer, virtually ane inch thick, on a lightly floured surface.
- Fold the dough into thirds, equally though yous are folding a letter.
- Pat the dough out in ane lawsuit again until it is virtually ane inch thick.
- Turn the dough xc degrees in addition to crimp it inward thirds again.
- Pat it out into a rectangle that is some ane inch thick.
- Cut into circles using a biscuit cutter or pocket-sized cup.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brownish on top.